How to Order
We believe all schools and districts deserve access to the highest quality curriculum. That's why our Language Arts curricula are open educational resources (OER) and are freely accessible on our website.
We also partner with providers who can deliver the curriculum in different formats, including print and digital.
Sections on this Page
For our K-8 Curriculum, LearnZillion offers:
- Print materials for students and teachers
- Required trade books
- Recommended texts for independent reading
- Digital lessons with embedded teacher guidance
- Digital assessments with reporting capabilities
- SIS and/or LMS integration
- Professional development packages including:
- virtual, open enrollment, and on-site options
For our K-8 Curriculum, Open Up Resources offers:
- Full-color print materials for teachers and students in classroom-ready sets
- Digital capabilities via an online platform
- K-2 Skills Block decodable readers
- Required and recommended trade books in classroom bundles
- Comprehensive Materials Kits for K-2 Labs
- Professional learning packages, including:
- virtual, open enrollment, and on-site options
- National Professional Learning Community built around the curriculum
Looking for a previous edition of our materials?
Our Providers offer materials for our current K-8 Languages Arts Curriculum only. See below for more information regarding the previous editions of our curriculum:
First Edition Grades 3-5 ELA Curriculum (2012)
Sales of the first edition Grades 3-5 (2012) curriculum materials were discontinued in June 2018. This content is available on New York State's curriculum website EngageNY. Visit our FAQs for more information.
First Edition Grades 6-8 ELA Curriculum (2012)
The EL Education-authored Grades 6-8 ELA Curriculum (2012) will continue to be offered as part of PCG Education's Paths to College and Career, available through Wiley Publishing. Wiley offers black and white print materials only.
EL Education is working directly with OverDrive to source required texts in a variety of formats. Use Sora to provide access to the texts available in digital format. Sora is...
- A digital reading platform that lets students access ebooks, audiobooks, and read-alongs on any device.
- Free for districts to activate. Get the platform and the Sora Starter collection at no cost.
- Not another subscription product. Schools pay only for the library and curriculum books they need.
- Easy to curate. Districts build a custom collection of EL Education titles--and more--to meet students' unique needs.
- Diverse. Choose from millions of flexibly priced titles from the industry's largest catalog.
- Designed to reduce barriers to reading, with in-app features like OpenDyslexic font, highlights, and definitions, accessed using school sign-on (SSO).
- From OverDrive Education, used by 48,000+ schools worldwide to achieve literacy goals.
CenterPoint Education Solutions has designed a web-based interim assessment aligned to the EL Education K-8 ELA Curriculum. Schools and districts can now use interim assessments that match the scope and sequence of the K-8 Language Arts curriculum, the depth and rigor of the modules, and the knowledge and skills in the underlying standards. These interims are:
Complementary to the existing formative assessments embedded in our curriculum;
Supported on a variety of digital platforms;
Can be administered within a class period or across multiple days;
The K-5 assessments are available for spring 2020, grades 6-8 (second edition) interims will be available for 2020-2021 school year. Schools and districts interested in the EL Education K-8 Language Arts curriculum aligned assessments can contact CenterPoint to schedule a demo or visit CenterPoint Education Solutions to learn more.
Looking for professional development to support implementation?
EL Education Publications
Your Curriculum Companion Grades K-5 and Grades 6-8
This book provides clear, straightforward guidance to help all teachers learn, practice, and master techniques and protocols that build self-discipline, responsibility, engagement, and leadership skills in their students. View the video collection here.
Leaders of Their Own Learning
This book describes eight key practices that put students in the driver's seat of their own growth. Filled with models from successful schools, it provides a coherent system to move assessment beyond measurement and ranking toward student reflection, understanding and improvement.
Management in the Active Classroom
This essential guide is one part roadmap to the curriculum, one part orientation to its instructional practices, and one part coach--to answer your questions, relieve your stress, and put you and your students on the road to success.
This book supports teachers to leverage the Common Core Literacy shifts - embracing more challenging text and evidence-based thinking and writing - to engage students in work that matters.